Navigate the following option :

Visitors

Friday, April 8, 2011

Way of the cross.

Note: Pictures all taken by Cynthea Tan

It's just like any other Sunday. I went to church as usual, and I'm shocked to see all the preparations for the acting, Way of the cross.
My teacher told us that for our grade, we're doing the stage where Veronica wipes the face of Jesus, and guess what? My catholic name's Veronica, and i have to do the job. I lost the power to deny.

So yeah, the acting starts around 9.30 and the first stage was, Jesus was condemned to death.


That boy acts as Jesus.
1st Jesus. 
Got beaten up, tortured and humiliated. 

Carrying cross heading out from the hall.

2nd Jesus that comes from another grade.

3rd Jesus, from another grade.


Changing Jesus.
4th Jesus.


5th Jesus
Wearing the purple robe. :)



The weather was hot that i could hardly open my eyes. I was standing behind the crowd, trying to be as far as i could so no one would noticed. 
I was with my friend name Joanne, We were behind walking when our class' Jesus, Jonathan came to us. 
"Go! Teacher calling you." 
And i denied "I don't want..."
"What don't want? go..."

and i got a white cloth from my teacher. The cloth with no Jesus' face on it.

6th Jesus. My class' Jesus. ;P


Veronica wipes the face of Jesus.

Ready to see me "wipe" the face of Jesus?
Want to see something like..
This?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Behold....!!


PIAK~!
NAH! TAKE IT. 
p/s: thats me. :D



Jesus looks so happy, veronica see Jesus not suffering she also happy.


This picture somehow really gives me the picture of Jesus being crucified. 


7th Jesus. This Jesus look very much alike to the real Jesus, but he should change his jeans, shoes and must have long hair. :)

No backups needed, he can carry it all by himself. Big boy :)

The ladies. 

Cute little boy :)


AHH!!~~ This is like, super HEAVY!


Look at the parent, I'm sure they had really nice time sitting in the canteen talking, don't have to stay under the hot sun. 


8th Jesus.


OMG O_O Blood stain! 


9th Jesus.
Brave kid.


Nailed to the cross. :(


The crowd. 

Carrying the cross to the stage with the little Jesus on top of the cross.


He stays with that post for very long, i bet his hands are numb.. 



I Love you, Jesus :)❤

That's all for the day :)
Thanks to the photographer [credits] Cynthea for taking the pictures.

No comments: