Navigate the following option :

Visitors

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The feelings for elderly.

Sunday is the day where you go to church and pray. It's the day where you study about God and about Love. After church, a sense of relief will flow throughout your whole body. It's the power of Sunday. The power of God.

 But, there's a lot of funeral cars passing by the streets and houses on Sunday too.  

After church, me sitting beside driver seat and second brother sitting on the driver seat, 2 more brothers sitting behind. We're going out to grab some lunch. 

When our car finally get to GO after all the cars passed by, we saw an old man on a bike. He's like anybody else, normal as ever. 

I did not notice him until i sense something like rice and brown powder stuff dropped on the floor when he's riding in front of our car, the bags and plastic of rice and beans and powder from his bike are all dropping onto the floor. At that moment, we couldn't do anything, our car is behind his bike, and we saw him stopped at the side, my heart jumped a trillion times and i screamed when our car stepped on his beans and rice 

"Brother! He's an old man! We should help him!"

And my eldest brother shouted too "DON'T STEP ON IT!!!" 

Our car just passed by his bike, and i saw that INNOCENT FACE that could make my mind go wrong for the whole day.  I don't know why, but i don't like to see that face, because my heart tells me.... 
S-Y-M-P-A-T-H-Y. 

 After saying..."WE SHOULD HELP HIM!".... all i can hear is the reply from my elder brother...
"We're in the middle of the road! There's nothing we can do!" 
I lean back at the chair, helplessly, pictures are flashing in my mind, pictures of...

me helping him, asking him what can we help him with...
&
pictures of 
our car blocked in the middle of the narrow road and help the old man to pick up his beans and rice with all the honking and scoldings..... 


Yes, there's nothing we can do, i tell myself. 

If we stopped down and help him, maybe a traffic jam will happen, or maybe tragic accident
but.... that old man won't feel so helpless if we just stop down and help him... 

I learned about LOVING OTHERS in Sunday school today... but what happened was... we just drove away, looking at the mirror, i felt that I'm so far away from God...


i hope he's fine.

kthxbai,

No comments: