Navigate the following option :

Visitors

Saturday, January 26, 2013

A day to the fish market

this post was not written by hand but was read out by me using voice recognition.


I'm just saying! Thought you should know.


So here goes,
It's been so long since I last went to fish market with dad and mom. I've been studying in morning session for so long and didn't have the chance to go to fish market. I have always loved to go to fish market because there are various types of food and delicious cuisine that are sold there. So today mom woke me up at 6:45 AM. I didn't know how early it was until I came out from the bathroom to see the clock, and I was shocked! I actually forgot that we had to wake up early to go to the fish market. It has always been like this, but as time passed by I forgot.

So I went to the fishmarket and I saw a lot of people that have already arrived there even though it's only 7 AM and the sky is still really dark. Luckily we found a great parking slot and our first destination was the cake stall. Mama love the Pandan cake that was sold at the cake stall, It's the last one there.



Later, we went to the fish stall. I saw lots of dead fish which their eyes are wide open and they look like they've been through a hell of a time. Mom carefully picked the fish and handed it to the seller to remove the scales and cut the fish into half. He was so good that my eyes almost dropped out!

I don't mind the smell that comes out from the fish, I also think that they smell really okay. It wasn't a problem for me. The thing that I have problem with, is the language they speak. They speak hokkien and or cantonese. It's really difficult for me that I have to ask my mom "Now what is he saying?"

Actually mom was really impressed with his skills to cut the fish. She was like "he's so good I can't even cut the fish so quickly like he could" I was like yeah it took him five minutes but it might take you 10 to 15 minutes to slice that fish into half and take out the organs and throw it into the you know what.

After buying the fish we went to the meat stall. Frankly speaking it was the pork stall. I saw Pig feet, Which are really big and fat. So daddy ask the Butcher "How much Money to buy a whole pig?" That guy said 800 ringgit!! Sometimes 900. I was like wow!

Every time when we go to the fish market mom or dad will surely meet someone they know. For instance, mom met two friends today. Yeah, it happens all the time.



We did not buy any breakfast today but instead we eat at mamak stall.


The food was fantastic but the tea was kinda have too much sugar in it. After breakfast we went to our next destination which was the supermarket. NSK, Maybe some of you might heard it before, it's like a supplier for vegetables and stuff. Mom allow me to buy marshmallow and some snack. I was a happy kid.

Mom told me that when we were young, My second brother used to take things and put it in the trolley, Without telling them, He would secretly do it. Mom said that she always knew but she kept quiet about it, It wasn't her who is going to pay the bills, So by the time when dad is going to pay the bills he would look suspicious, It was funny. But dad is a smart man, He always find out about it and ask brother to put it back. Mom was laughing when she told me this. Memories...

It was definitely a day to remember, I love Saturdays.






























No comments: