Navigate the following option :

Visitors

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Books. Lenten season.

Went to a Lent camp today (12/3/11) at my church. We played games and listen to speech. For me, the part i like the most was the ice breaking part, although I'm shivering real hard and cold ... Aha. I've never been so nervous for a while now. 2 rows of my teeth are banging 1 another. Yes, shivering. :P

Alright, so holidays coming. Actually i have no idea what i wanna do. :O Since it's lent season, i think i should do the thing. Yes, give up my h.p, my INTERNET!! and start to read... BOOKS. Yes, it's all about giving up what u really want and LOVE and do what u dislike. Reading....books.


So yea, i borrowed some books/novels from my friends at school, I know i'll rust in this 1 WHOLE week. Don't really feel like hanging out with friends and have fun. Just want to stay as quiet as possible and stay as inactive as possible.

Frankly, i don't really like these kind of thick and small novel books. The first time i see them i was like ...
"Oh gosh, i have to spend my holidays with these?..."
And when i opened the first page and start reading these kind of english novel for the FIRST time, i actually liked it. 


My english is very poor, especially grammar and vocab. Sigh, I'm really worried of my english. :O 
This is also the main reason why i want to start reading these kind of teen novels. 


I always saw my seniors holding these friction / non friction novels on their hands. I'm always thinking, "Why they like this kind of books? I mean, it's so thick and so expensive!" (FYI, i only read chinese novel) And now i understand, because it's INTERESTING. Yes, interesting is the word. :) And in other hand, it'll help to boost your vocab and grammar and also improve your writing skills.  


Yes, I'm so in love with the stories especially the book (Dear John)  ... I'm still half way.
I noticed my status from "Speed reader" changed to "Slow reader".


kthxbai.

No comments: