Navigate the following option :

Visitors

Friday, October 25, 2013

Hi-Tea.

This is my 5th time attending hi-tea for prefects' board during my secondary life at SMK Batu Unjur. This marks that I've been a school prefect for a long 5 years. It was long indeed, and meaningful, full of memories and stories.

There were times, i decided i wanted to give up. Like, hand in the resignation letter and just get over with it. I missed wearing pinafores, i know this is crazy, but when humans have been in their comfort zone for long, they tend to want to change what they have now.

I still remember the very first day when i became a prefect. I've been LONGING to wear prefect's uniform because i think, they were cool. It's like, among thousands of students, only a few of us gets to wear this super awesome uniform which has a meaning behind it too. The first day i wore it, i'll NEVER forget how proud i was, i walk different, heck i even SMILED DIFFERENTLY. I was a different person. But then, the uniform just seem so bored to me when time passes. I started to miss my pinafore. And i gotta admit i was tempted by baju kurung concept. I mean, i don't get to wear it. SAD.

So of course i decided not to quit. Of course there were sad times and angry times. Who doesn't have ups and downs in their lives right? I did the right thing. I decided to stay and of course finish my last year as a prefect in this school.

"In a blink of an eye", i don't really understand what this term REALLY means, but for those of you who're not form 5, you'll get what i mean by " in a blink of an eye " once you reach the same stage as i am right now.
It truly is quick, and you will be amazed how time has passed. You were only form 1 the first day u came into school, and now you're leaving. Retired as a prefect, and graduated from a high school after being there for 5 whole years. It has basically became my second home.

I used to think that form 5s are really matured and scary, big and tall. But now that i'm at this stage, i'd be thinking, "Nah, no kidding, we're not even scary, in fact i think that i'm still too young to be called OLD."

My shoe and Melissa's shoe during hi-tea day.  

The thing about being a prefect is, you get to meet new things, and most of all, new people. You don't know who you might meet. It could be someone that might ruin your life, it could be someone who would bring endless happiness into your life. Humans have to go through this stage, to find the ultimate friend. If you're afraid of being hurt, might as well just hide in your shell and never come out to see the light and know new people.

Meet Raahini.
Being a prefect, when i was in afternoon session which was form 1 and form 2, they said going to camp was compulsory, unless you have a funeral to attend or something else which is really in an emergency. Basically they want your ass out of the chair, hands off the table and go to the camp. Yeah, i totally hate it. It makes me want to avoid it more. But of course i can't. And i'm TOTALLY GLAD i went to the camps.

Because if i don't, i wouldn't have such great and amazing experience. I still remember the rivers, the trees, the jungles, the night walks, the scare, the screaming shouting punishments and the food we ate. The environment and the games, scaring each other about presence of leaches, which we did not encounter for the whole camp. People really like scaring people. And last but not least, the 4 hour sleep! What's up with camp trying to mess up our biological clock?


Meet Weini, my senior. Who was an ex prefect. 
Besides going to camps, we get to organize events as well. This is the part where all the prefect dislikes too. Most of them would choose to run away and worse: PONTENG. Example? Teachers' day. That would be the day most prefects are not coming, well, i used to be like that too, until i came the ketua perhimpunan for morning session this year. I basically attend everything, because i have a duty to attend to. I can't just ditch my job to my junior, that would be really irresponsible.

Meet Melissa. The one who couldn't live without me :)

And my 5-year-straight-same-class best friend, Chiew Fei.



Sometimes i think that Chiew Fei would never ever grow up. We do all sorts of stupid things together. And of course our relationship as best friends started when we both became prefects. It was because we went for prefects interview that i get to know her, approach her and talk to her. She was a shy young little girl back then. Smiling and being kind to everyone, until she changed.

Now? She's a devilish little girl. Who NEVER GROWS UP. I'M SERIOUS, SHE NEVER GROWS UP. She might look a little bit (JUST A TINY BIT) mature on the appearance, but inside, she'll never grow. HAHA. You wouldn't want to know how we communicate. We would mumble the whole day and still understand what message each other are trying to give. People look at us one kind, and we enjoyed making them confused. 

 Being her friend for 5 years always by her side, i was totally influenced by her actions and attitude. I became a more openly girl and did things more comfortably with others. 

She always admit herself prettier than others, even though when given a choice. 

Me: Who do you think is prettier? Snow white or Cinderella? 
CF: Me.

Me: Who do you think is smarter? Einstein or Newton?
CF: Me.

Me: OH FOR GAWDSAKE!

Melissa

Penolong ketua perhimpunan, also the Ketua pengawas for 2014, i proudly presents you my junior, Wei Zhen. 
This little girl here is Wei Zhen, she knows very well how to cheer me up during duty every time when my energy is running low or i'm having a mood swing. She would run with me looking for teachers and we even arranged the chairs for events and also assembly together. We basically do all the events together and never once she ever ditched me leaving all the works to me and me alone. If she does, she'll inform me. Other than that, she is the perfect prefect to be the next Head prefect.



Juniors and Seniors and friends. 
 They were a bunch of really interesting kids. When we do play, we get crazy, the juniors call the seniors boss. And all of the juniors are a bunch of outgoing kids who are active and participate fully in every events. Life cannot be more interesting and wonderful without them. Form 5 prefects are really low in number and in fact a lot are needed. Form 4 have a lot of prefects and they are basically the pillar for next year's prefects' board. Prefects' board depends on you guys now!

A present from my brother of another mother. 




My table and Cik Yati. 
Experiences like this are hard to get. If you're given one, grab it, and don't let go. Sometimes, humans gotta get out from their comfort zone and do something really unexpected, you would see a different perspective of it and from hatred, it could turn into love.

No comments: