Navigate the following option :

Visitors

Sunday, December 12, 2010

121210 Swimming & Piano

Does anyone knows when is the last time you went swimming?
Yes, maybe it's yesterday, maybe it's last week, maybe last month, maybe last year. Well, i haven't swim for 7-8 years already, the last time i went for swimming was when i'm at elementary 1 or 2.
I still remember i'm too small & short to touch the swimming pool ground, that is why i can only stay at the side of the swimming pool.

My brothers and father always go another place without me, i'm always having 2 big floating stuff on my arms when i'm at the age 6-7, when i move on to elementary 2, i use swimming board,
the thing to help you float, so i don't have to use the 2 floating stuff on my arms. With the board, i swim to the middle of the pool sometimes. And then there's this time, I wanted to touch the floor, so i hold the board and had my head in the water, (the board is on top of my head) and i tried to touch the floor, the board was slippery and it slipped away!

It slipped real far that i couldn't reach it. I struggled real hard as i don't know how to swim! And i'm in the middle of the pool, so i used my type of free-style, I simply wave my hands and legs, i nearly cried, no one knows i'm drowning, my mind went blank, i swim and swim and swim, hoping myself to get to the side of the pool, i closed my eyes firmly and swim and swim, finally i touched something really hard, a solid. I hold the solid and went up to the water surface, and i opened my eyes, thank God i'm safe! I gasp for air, and yes, i drank a lot of pool water, imagine how much chlorine and URINE in it.

YUCKS

 
So now I'm back to the pool, and i'm a 14 year old girl, and yes, i'm learning how to swim right now, the coach was my dad. In the swimming pool, i see a lot of

KIDS.

Oh well, kids are better than me! They had butterfly style, frog style, and whatever they call it. I feel like giving up, but when i thought of

"I might DIE in a FLOOD or something one day if i don't learn how to swim, shouting for help isn't going to help okay!"

I ain't needing those swimming board and float-er no more, i can reach the ground now, not afraid going to the middle of the pool cause i'm much more taller than before!

And the only problem is :
My swimming suit and my goggles are extremely small in size! Great, gotta get new goggles and swimming suit.

So there's this thing happened. Dad accompany me to the swimming pool shop, and the owner who's selling is an old man. That old man looks familiar to my Piano teacher's dad, so i tell my brother about it, as he went to the piano lesson with me, he said it wasn't him, maybe someone has the same face or maybe they're twins?
So dad asked him and he said yes, he said he remember my brother. They talked a lot and he even gave us discounts on the goggles we bought, he also treat us with coffee. He speak cantonese or hokkien, which i-don't-know-how-to-listen. He points at us and ask us something and we can only smile and ask dad

"WHAT IS HE SAYING"

The point is : I'm back to swimming again! Glad i liked swimming.

Piano.
So, there's piano practical exam, the next round. I'm grade 5 now, feeling

stress + stress + stress = stress

My brother's grade 6. Basically, he started his lesson late than me, and now his grades are higher than me, OHH WTF theory was that?!

Ok, i'm just kidding.

We had not made the decision yet to take the exam, IT-IS-NOT-CHEAP, well what do you think? RM100? I guess it's near RM900, FML. Kill me. :( I could save the money for buying a DSLR for myself you see? I get a MERIT for my previous grade 4 exam. The examiner was really nice, i did a lot of mistakes in the exam, and i did ask the examiner for a restart, he said "Well don't stop, go ahead." Still i restarted it. -__- plenty of mistakes in the exam piano pieces, yet he gave me high marks for that, i mean, my fingers are numb, how can he not see that?! But thank god i passed with MERIT anyway. Something unbelievable was that, my marks are even higher than my brother's! And apparently, he did better than me, WTH theory was that?!

Ok, i'm just kidding too.

The exam pieces book was not CHEAP either folks! A book with less than 20 piece of paper + a CD cost RM50-RM60++ for grade 5 and 6 only. Imagine when you reach grade 8, it would cost you MILLIONS Hundreds!

And the pieces ain't for little kids to play yo, :(  When the grades goes higher, the level goes higher too, someday, your finger can't stand it and they might break when you're practicing the piano. Oh well, i'm getting more and more good in speech.

Ok, i'm just kidding three.

The point is : I recommend you to take guitar lesson, not piano. :) But piano has it's benefit too, i never regret learning it, although sometimes i really wanted to quit. But you know i get this far! I won't quit. :) But, maybe one day my parents pocket will be totally EMPTY for paying for me and the brother's piano fees.

So the next time they open their wallet there's only butterfly coming out from there.

kthxbai.

No comments: