Navigate the following option :

Visitors

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

221210 Happy Winter solstice

It's winter solstice. The season where everyone starts to eat Tang Yuan :D So what is Tang Yuan? It's a flour ball, a really small and round one, they are put into the soup that comes with tang yuan and then EAT. My dad said “Those who ate Tang Yuan represent they are older 1 age already.” Then i was like :" Ohhhh....Okay.. " It's a tradition of the chinese peepo.
Tang means soup in chinese and Yuan means round in chinese.

This morning i woke up and i smell the soup of the tang yuan. Many people like to add ginger into tang yuan soup. But mostly i prefer not to, because i think it taste really spicy. That IT BURNS YOUR TONGUE. 
These are the flour used to make Tang Yuan :)
There's coloring added, only for the pink ones. The yellow is pumpkin and the another not-so-white is Pandan. 

So my mum did 1 time for me to see and it's really simple to do! First grab a part, little bit and...

and rub it with your hands until it is round and nice.  

There you go! Round round and nice nice Tang Yuan :D


My brother tried to play funny, so he mix the color of the flour and make it looks like marshmallow. It really does look like one, i feel like putting it in my mouth and straight away swallow it. :P

So i try to play too! I grab some pumpkin flour and make it into a snowman. LOL. 
It looks so fake :D With no eyes and mouth only nose. But hey, there's a hat ! :D

My mum said 
“YOU GUYS ARE MESSING WITH THE TRADITION.” 
so it's not called Tang Yuan now, it should be called as Tang snowman. 

Awwww... My Tang Snowman


Cut the crap. 
So these are my Tang Yuan. Normally i drink and eat Tang Yuan there's only very few flour ball inside, so now i purposely make a lot a lot and cook. So the result is..
I Get really bored with the taste! 
Since it's flour and there's no taste! 
And eat so much for what?
There's not even nutrition for your body.

There there, a bowl of Tang Yuan just for you :)


Happy Winter Solstice.
Happy Merry Christmas 
(I added the happy myself)
Happy New Year
Happy Chinese New Year 
❤❤❤

kthxbai.

3 comments:

sHeRrY said...

that one picture of tang yuan looked like marshmallow.Tang Yuan looks lovely and delicious. I wanna try one^^, how does it taste like? sweet?

[marzee] said...

ohhh,,,,interesting^^
uhm...does it really taste nothing?.?

Le` XinNing said...

it taste smooth and sweet cause you eat with the soup :)The main thing is the soup.